LOOKING FOR IDEAS?
Parkland Secondary is shooting another one of its student-led 'mockumentaries' for DEAR. The short video will premiere at the BCTLA Conference in Coquitlam next week! Thanks to Aaron Mueller and the students at Parkland Secondary in Saanich!
Here's 2011s offering...
Too much? Then how about...
- Inviting buddy reading with senior and elementary students
- Organizing a 'reading flash mob'
- Staging a 'read-in' in the front lobby of your school or place of work
- Hosting local hockey team or other athletic team or group come into the school to read with students
- Inviting a local writer or poet come into the school to share their work and/or read to/with students
We want to hear from you! What has worked in the past? What have you done at your school or school library to shake it up a little?
PLEASE CONSIDER SHARING!